Whilst I prefer I prefer automatic or manual wind watches, I am not against having a Quartz watch for rough or casual wear.
One brand I am particularly fond off is Luminox.
The Navy SEAL Colormark watch pictured here is the timepiece that put Luminox on the map. A watch specifically designed for use under the most demanding conditions imaginable. This Search and Rescue (SAR) Watch from Luminox glows 100 times brighter than other luminous watches, which allows for easier visibility and sells for about $220.00.
A good price for a fashionable, 44 mm Swiss Watch that looks unique and which can withstand the toughest and most extreme conditions.
It definitely has more style than a G-Shock!
There are loads of other Luminox models to choose from such as this Lumninox F16 which comes with a black dial with white markers and numerals and has the famous Luminous hands and markers.
• 44mm case
• Stainless steel 316L case
• Precision quartz Swiss movement
• Unidirectional turning bezel
• Signature case back
• SWISS made
• Sapphire glass with single antireflective coating
• Date window at 3 o’clock with fast date adjustment
• Luminous hands and markers
• Orange Rubber strap with Signature buckle
• 200mts / 6600ft / 20ATM / 20BAR water resistant
• 2 year international warranty
• Luminox box with warranty card and instruction manual